The kits are no longer available. Sorry. The material below is provided for historic purposes.
Each kit contains
- A collection of stones encountered by Grampa and Adam.
- A card linking each specimen to its proper name and to the corresponding image in the book (on one side), and giving information about each specimen (on the other).
- Related materials, including
- a photo of the author when she was four years old sitting on a stone wall,
- a letter from the stone mason with an address from which an answer will come (like a letter to Santa Claus)
- a magnifying glass, a magnetic compass, and f arm animals, just for fun.
For a hard copy and more complete version of this page, link to Teacher's Kit.