SWI Learning Center
Indoor view of SWI office. Horsebarn Hill Road (Bldng 5) Univ. Connecticut, Storrs.
The former office of the Stone Wall Initative, was located on the Horsebarn Hill Campus of the University of Connecticut. It had the following materials available, which are now archived elsewhere within the Museum.
- A collection of geological maps for all of the New England states, including New York east of the Hudson River and Long Island.
- Voucher specimens of stones from all over New England, taken from different geological formations and showing different shapes.
- A small library of books related to stone walls, including books on walls and the landscape.
- A growing site file documenting individual places in New England where information is available on its stone walls. These can be simple descriptions, photographs, maps, or even books.
- A file of SWI history, with newspaper and magazine clippings and brochures for talks.